Calvin Klein - Won't Return Lousy Belt

38 of 41 Calvin Klein reviews

My girlfriend bought me a fancy black belt at Calvin Klein's retail outlet.It sells for $50 at outlet (supposedly $75 regularly), but she got it on sale for $35.

I wore it once, and the black started rubbing off showing brown patches. I wore it a second time, and more patches appeared, making it look ridiculous and cheap. Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near the outlet mall, so I put it in a box and waited until I could get down there. I was finally able to go to a different Calvin Klein store just over 2 months after purchase, and they refused to take it back.

Although I did not have the original receipt, what I did have was a clear print out of the original receipt (in my household, we scan all receipts and then toss them, for filing convenience). The store manager told me that he won't accept the return without the original receipt (even though the print out had the UPC bar code and everything he needed), and that he won't accept it because it has been 2 months. I understand both of those positions (especially the 2 months issue), but I explained that in fact, the belt had only been worn twice, both within days of the purchase, and had been sitting in a clean box waiting for a return opportunity ever since. I explained that it wasn't worth the $40 in gas to drive down to the outlet mall (nowhere near my home town) to return a $35 purchase.

I explained that, in any case, the belt is obviously crappy quality to have splotched up on its first and second wearing. I asked for suggestions, and the manager told me I should give it to charity.

I understand you can't just show up months later and expect an easy return.

But having explained that their belt was crappy quality, and the fact that I just wanted my $35 back, I was most disappointed with their lousy customer service response.Unless they take a different approach, I do not intend to shop there any more.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
38 of 41 Calvin Klein reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Calvin Klein. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Calvin Klein.
Filing a new complaint about
×