My girlfriend bought me a fancy black belt at Calvin Klein's retail outlet.It sells for $50 at outlet (supposedly $75 regularly), but she got it on sale for $35.
I wore it once, and the black started rubbing off showing brown patches. I wore it a second time, and more patches appeared, making it look ridiculous and cheap. Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near the outlet mall, so I put it in a box and waited until I could get down there. I was finally able to go to a different Calvin Klein store just over 2 months after purchase, and they refused to take it back.
Although I did not have the original receipt, what I did have was a clear print out of the original receipt (in my household, we scan all receipts and then toss them, for filing convenience). The store manager told me that he won't accept the return without the original receipt (even though the print out had the UPC bar code and everything he needed), and that he won't accept it because it has been 2 months. I understand both of those positions (especially the 2 months issue), but I explained that in fact, the belt had only been worn twice, both within days of the purchase, and had been sitting in a clean box waiting for a return opportunity ever since. I explained that it wasn't worth the $40 in gas to drive down to the outlet mall (nowhere near my home town) to return a $35 purchase.
I explained that, in any case, the belt is obviously crappy quality to have splotched up on its first and second wearing. I asked for suggestions, and the manager told me I should give it to charity.
I understand you can't just show up months later and expect an easy return.
But having explained that their belt was crappy quality, and the fact that I just wanted my $35 back, I was most disappointed with their lousy customer service response.Unless they take a different approach, I do not intend to shop there any more.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black Men S Dress Belt
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "After 15 months, my Asics running shoes fell apart. I'm a very casual runner and I don't ever run more than 3miles. My hand goes through the top, like a..."
- "Belt just wear 2nd time see the codition complainNo responce im getting from store very poor service..from raipur (cg) india customer name:-ayush murarka contact number0989306086809522355000 ..."
- "I had read several reviews that painted this site in a bad light. I then continued my research and watched a few youtube review videos. After I did that, I..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "Keller Williams of La Jolla now employes Barbara Bolla who was found to have taken part in beating up an elderly lady by a San Diego jury last December. See..."
- "This is regarding Order #106-5418742-6535460, a Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard I purchased from amazon.com, the store Outlet Digital. In short, Logitech will not honor the three-year warranty of this..."
- "I received a pair of shoes that I had ordered online and the box looked like it had been crushed in a trash compactor and then a raccoon tried to..."