My girlfriend bought me a fancy black belt at Calvin Klein's retail outlet.It sells for $50 at outlet (supposedly $75 regularly), but she got it on sale for $35.
I wore it once, and the black started rubbing off showing brown patches. I wore it a second time, and more patches appeared, making it look ridiculous and cheap. Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near the outlet mall, so I put it in a box and waited until I could get down there. I was finally able to go to a different Calvin Klein store just over 2 months after purchase, and they refused to take it back.
Although I did not have the original receipt, what I did have was a clear print out of the original receipt (in my household, we scan all receipts and then toss them, for filing convenience). The store manager told me that he won't accept the return without the original receipt (even though the print out had the UPC bar code and everything he needed), and that he won't accept it because it has been 2 months. I understand both of those positions (especially the 2 months issue), but I explained that in fact, the belt had only been worn twice, both within days of the purchase, and had been sitting in a clean box waiting for a return opportunity ever since. I explained that it wasn't worth the $40 in gas to drive down to the outlet mall (nowhere near my home town) to return a $35 purchase.
I explained that, in any case, the belt is obviously crappy quality to have splotched up on its first and second wearing. I asked for suggestions, and the manager told me I should give it to charity.
I understand you can't just show up months later and expect an easy return.
But having explained that their belt was crappy quality, and the fact that I just wanted my $35 back, I was most disappointed with their lousy customer service response.Unless they take a different approach, I do not intend to shop there any more.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black Men S Dress Belt
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "Got scammed in Irvine yesterday 10/6/15 on Culver drive, small shopping center. Italian rep coming from fashion show.... Looking for JW airport to catch is flight to Ny and Milano.... He wanted to..."
- "The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off. I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me. Over the..."
- "I wanted to share with you a recent Zappos experience of mine. Recently, I ordered a pair of pumps from Zappos. When the items arrived (the pink and brown striped..."
- "I bough the "Charm" Rug, 9x12. Looks great - but it's a terrible product. Not hand-knotted just "tufted", so yarn come out w/slightest pull. There are 1-2cm..."
- "PFD has the absolute worst possible customer service and not a shred of integrity. I have been shopping around for the best price for the large amounts of high quality..."
- " My mother sent two boxes (One jumbo and one small)to her family in the Philippines that she worked on for a long time...."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."