2K views

My daughter and I each purchased a knee-length Calvin Klein down coat, one was black and one brown. Within the first few months each coat's zipper would no longer stay closed.

A tailor estimated it would cost $75 to replace each zipper.

This web site wants a minimum of 100 words but that is all I have to say. This is filler. I don't understand why you need 100 words, but I am trying to oblige by using this filler.

I hope this will satisfy the requirement. Calvin Klein coats have bad zippers.

Don't buy them. Thanks.

Comments

I bought my daughter a Calvin Klein coat from Macy's, the zipper didnt last one season. Zipper repair is almost the price of the coat, what was my purpose in buying the coat.

They need to offer free zipper repair and get better quality zippers. I could not beleive how fast it happened.

I bought a zipper extender but it is not smoothly going up and down as it keeps getting stuck. Poor quality.

I also have a CK parka whose zipper fell apart at the bottom after one season.

I have contacted calvin klein and have been advised to send email to calvinkleincustomerservice@pvh.com, include as much information about the issue, along with pictures, receipt if you have it or approximate amount you paid for your coat....they are going to offer replacement or pay to have coat fixed

just bought calvin klein knee length winter coat last year.....the zipper broke, in the process of looking for a replacement zipper....I expected better quality

Lemont, Illinois, United States #1301280

So true. I have a full length Calvin Klein coat and the zipper went bad.

Extremely expensive to get fixed. I paid 450 for the coat.

What a waste of money on a junky coat. Never will buy one of his coats again.

to Anonymous #1301293

Call the company and see if there's anything they will do. If they refuse to do anything,I would tell them I plan to file a Small Claims Court action and get them to pay for fixing the coat. It is defective as other people have noted in online complaints about Calvin Klein coats - which you can print out and bring to Court.

to Anonymous #1416842

Me either,i asked around for a price to fix it they want to charge you just as much as the coat cost

Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States #1063195

Same issue except it was with not only one but two (2) expensive dresses! Not happy with a brand I loved. Makes it extremely difficult for future dress shopping considering their fit and styles are what I am looking for.

Big Lake, Minnesota, United States #951845

I too have a long down coat & the bottom zipper broke into pieces - I'm hoping to find a a replacement part!

I have a zipper problem as well on a coat less than 2 months old. On top of a poor product Calvin Klein customer service terrible.

My experience is they don't stand behind their product and are not responsive to complaints. They refer it from one person to another with no resolution.

Would not recommend their product.

Calvin Klein actually offers free zipper repair. Call them and they will happily fix both your and your daughter's zippers. :) It's a simple and happy solution.
to free fix Parlin, New Jersey, United States #1261718

My daughters coat just had zipper break. I called CK. How do they handle replacement?

to free fix Markham, Ontario, Canada #1268055

Would you be so kind to give us the Calvin Klein contact info for the repair? Thanks in advance